Saturday 26 July 2008

A Story Behind Honeydew

Changed my blog name? Yes. Are you asking me why? Then I'm going to tell you the story here.

When i was sitting in front of my computer, a word suddenly crossed into my head, honeydew. I sometimes call my friend 'hon', just like many people out there. I realize 'hon' refers to 'honey'. Then I thought, why don't people say 'honeydew' instead of 'honey'? They're both sweet afterall. Well, never mind me. I often think about those unimportant things.

So I started googling and I found some related things with the word.

First, it appeared to be a kind of melon. A sweet one, of course. If I didn't get it wrong, it's the kind we usually find in the market.



Second, it is a kind of sticky substance produced by certain insects. It contains sugar and can be proceeded into honey. The producer can also share it with another insects.

Next, I figured out it's a name of a small unincorporated town in California. It's a small town in an isolated location which have its own government.

And then the googling journey led me to a franchise which sells donuts and other F&B stuffs in New England. It's exactly the name, 'Honeydew Donuts'. Another yummy tummy donuts I would like to taste.

Finally, the word brought me to the world of 'The Muppet Show'. Yup, that puppet show we used to watched or read several years ago. You must remember Kermit, the frog who seemed to lead the show. But you may not familiar with the character of Dr Bunsen Honeydew, a bald scientist with no eyes but only glasses. He has a round green head, just like honeydew melon.

Maybe my blog has nothing to do with all of those stuffs. But it's just happened that I like the word. Honeydew. It sweet and different, and rare, perhaps because I hear 'honey' in most of the lifetime. Another thing I know about it is a kind of sweetener. Whichever description you take, honeydew is certainly sweet. Not to mention if my blog is sweet. Certainly not.

Last but not least (oh I know it's typical but it's just the exact words), I find it funny. It may called honeydew, but it's not honey, nor dew.

No comments:

Post a Comment